Checking out the new toy
Our darling Sofie Girl is in need of a lot of stimulation these days. And I mean A LOT! I haven't gone back to work full time but am building up my practice and will be moving into an office in September! Yay!!! That means a lot of costs and since I'm bringing Sofie to the office with me (triple YAY) I need toys for her. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg especially when she is in need of constant activity.
Must have stimulation!!!
The girl was literally screaming in the car the other day, testing the upper range of her voice, and the next second was completely passed out. She is the energizer bunny! Great to have such an engaged little girl but that also means she gets bored easily. My parents laugh because I was the exact same way. Payback is a... well you know :-P
I'm planning on experimenting more in the future with different textures and scenes. For now she is loving the feel of the toy and the colors. I think it would be fun to do an ocean scene with blue gel and little sea creature figurines. Let me know if you have any other great DIY toys you've done with your kids!
Easy and cheap supply list
Sensory Toy
Makes 2 quart sized bags
Time: 10 min for one bag
32 oz of colored hair gel
1 bag of confetti 0.5 oz
2 quart sized plastic bags
Clear packing tape
1. Place the quart sized bag on a table and apply one piece of packing tape from the bottom to the top. Make sure there the tape starts on the table as it helps to secure the bag in place for the other pieces. Lay pieces of tape for one side. Cut off the excess from the top.
2. Flip the bag over and repeat on the other side.
3. Put tape wrapping around the sides and bottom, leaving the top open.
4. Spoon in approximately 5 oz of hair gel then add in 1/4 of the confetti. Repeat with another 5 oz of gel and 1/4 of the confetti. Finish with 5 oz of the gel.
5. Try and get all of the air of the bag and seal it.
6. Wrap packing tape around the top and cut off the excess.
7. Mix around the bag with your hand until the confetti is evenly spread throughout.
No comments:
Post a Comment