Sunday, August 21, 2016

Gluten Free Asian Peanut Sauce

Happy Sunday, Everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! We've been trying to maximize our weekends with doing errands one day and having fun the other day. Life gets crazy during the week and I feel behind if I can't get some prep work done. I also don't want to weekends to be all about chores though. Life is about having fun and enjoying the time with loved ones :-)

Peanut sauce Yum!

So this weekend I worked on my Asian peanut sauce recipe. My hubby has been having some health stuff going on and we've had to cut high fat foods out of his diet but we love Asian food! I had gotten powdered peanut butter in the past at Costco and decided to experiment with it for a peanut sauce for a vermicelli noodle dish. The powdered peanut butter has 90% of the fat taken out so it's safe for hubby but still tasty!

Left over grilled sirloin with vermicelli noodles and veggies

This sauce would be great with satay or used in a noodle dish like I did. Who doesn't love peanut sauce? Hope you guys enjoy! Quick post today but I want to go out and enjoy the California sun with the hubby and babe :-)

Sofie the Sultan on our walk! No we did not buy her a crown

Gluten Free Asian Peanut Sauce

Makes 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 5 min

1 cup peanut powder
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup tamari sauce (or soy sauce if you don't need GF)
1 1/2 T chili paste
1/2 t sesame oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2 t salt

1. Whisk together the peanut powder, oil, water and tamari sauce. Make sure to work out any of the lumps from the powder.

2. Add in the chili paste and sesame oil; whisk to combine.

3. Use a microplane to grate the garlic cloves and whisk to combine.

4. Add the salt a little at a time until you're desired taste. Can also add more chili paste depending on how spicy you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment